bruna’s review published on Letterboxd:
ok so i’ve been gay panicking over this movie ever since they first announced it and when the trailer came out i almost died like three times during it.
i swore to myself that i’d wait to watch the movie only when it was on the movie theater and honestly the waiting was tough but SOOOO WORTH IT! best decision i’ve made this year so far.
so...... today is my birthday and also the favourite’s premiere on the theaters and i gotta say that i couldn’t have asked for a better birthday present. thank the gay goddesses for that! i’m feeling so fucking blessed after watching this masterpiece.
i loved this movie so much and olivia colman, emma stone and rachel weisz were absolutely outstanding. i admit i was a little sad when i found out that cate blanchett (who happens to be the love of my life) had turned down the part of queen anne, but now that i’ve finally seen the movie i feel it in my soul that miss colman was the right choice for this part. i mean... she fucking nailed it!
here are some notes on the movie:
- i’m so gay and it’s so gay so i loved it with all my gay heart
- RACHEL WEISZ SERVED SOME LOOKS HERE
- i relate to anne more than i’d like to admit
- please please please give rachel weisz more gay parts I DESERVE MY GAY RIGHTS!!
- abigail beating up her future husband in the woods dksjdkdjd i stan
- i know i’ve said it before but I REALLY LOVED IT 😭