Trying to think of any reason to not give this 5 stars and nothing comes to mind.
The bulk of this is pretty great.
- the shitty iphone aesthetic totally works.
- great ensemble performances and good casting.
- i like "lots of little stories with no beginning or end" - some parts reminded me of gummo.
- the bookending montages felt like unnecessary padding - especially the little 4th wall breaking montage. why not just begin and end with the narrative?
- it's a good movie and it deserves a more creative title than "teenage emotions" imo
- the covid dedication at the end didn't really have much to do with the rest of the movie.