So so stunning. And one of the most poetic things I've seen in a while. The imagery is just stunning. And the passages are incredibly touching. I love how 2020 was such a great year for documentaries. God, I want to watch this all over again.
I'm glad to say that this is my first (non-rewatch) five star movie of the year.
Of all the Tarkovsky films I've seen this one has the simplest story, but at the same time it's simbology is immense. After I finished Nostalgia my mind was puzzled, it will take time for me to realize the true meaning of this. I was completely hipnotized by this, I felt so good while I watched!
I finished watching “Mank” satisfied as if I had just eaten a delicious family meal. It was such a sweet, familiar feeling even though the content of the movie was quite harsh. This was just a very full movie. Full of moments, full of characters and full of flavor. Amanda Seyfried is flawless. The best acting in the movie and maybe even the whole year. And the score is simply otherworldly good.
This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
16. Watch a movie starring an actor/actress who was in Avengers Endgame.
- At first I wasn't quite engaged with the tone of “Da 5 Bloods”, but slowly things started getting into the rails.
- Chadwick Boseman presence in the movie through the flashbacks were extremely essencial and gave the film a very much appreciated “dream” state.
- The tone shift could be predicted but when it happens it still felt abrupt.
- I don't want to complain too much because…