William E. Ackerman’s review published on Letterboxd:
Cannot tell you if I liked this or not because we have to cover a few things the audience we saw it with did not.
Before going to see a scary movie
1. Do I have a tendency to say out loud what is happening on screen?
2. Do I have a tendency to say what I think will happen later in the movie?
3. Do I have a tendency to lean over and loudly tell my friends either of these things because I don’t believe they are watching the same movie as me.
4. Will I scream when they cut from night to day?
5. Will I loudly exclaim, “I CANT WATCH THIS” and ask your friends to tell you what is happening.
6. Will I scream loudly at the movie “No, no, no. Don’t do that,” when the characters are doing something I don’t want them to?
7. Have I not seen a horror movie before?
8. Have I not had to act politely and adult like in public before?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, thank you for being a part of the group that made my movie going experience tonight a horribly memorable one. I kindly ask that you refrain from seeing a scary out of the comfort of your own home again, ever. Please also work on your social skills.