this movie is always fascinating on rewatch because there are so many things to notice or look at differently each time, but try rewatching and focusing on Da-song because. what the fuck. this kid is in an entirely different movie
kids, don’t you know the way to solve your family’s financial problems during the great depression? it’s your secret inherited wealth of course!
apparently i loved this the first time round? and while i still enjoyed it a lot, the fact that this is the first time i’m rewatching it since seeing it in cinema probably says a lot. i just hate the final message and how it literally goes against everything the original film sought to prove!
I have such mixed feelings on this series, and far too many feelings to write in a review of a length that I can be actually bothered to write
things I did like:
- Lily Collins as Fantine
- The way Fantine’s story was handled
- David Oyelowo as Javert
- The Thenadiers
- They let Enjolras and Grantaire die holding hands
- They included workers and women at the barricade
- Some of the aesthetics/visuals were gorgeous
- The last episode was a good and emotive stand alone feature