laurent’s review published on Letterboxd:
this film think lesbians are:
- virgins until they have sex with men
- unable to pleasure women well if they don't have dicks
- lesbians because of an oedipal desire to fuck their mothers
- cowards if they don't come out
- disappointments because they cannot provide their parents with natural grandchildren
...and probably more that i can't remember off the top of my head. i don't care that the creative team behind this was mostly women, the fact remains that it is extremely lesbophobic. to top it off the soundtrack is godawful and the character's emotions and motivations are inconsistent to the point of being incomprehensible. the only redeeming factors are the great cinematography and kiko mizuhara, who stopped being so hot once i started thinking about how she saw this script and said yes.