New Zealand-born, Los Angeles-based director of pictures: SONATA, HADES, EUTHA-NATION, FAINT OF HEART
• visuals simultaneously feeling like a rip off of the AMC intro, yet also astoundingly beautiful
• why is no-one in this movie scared of heights?
• not me also being a filmmaker with daddy issues
• doesn’t let up on heartfelt energy +++
• credits will make you tear up
Tenet is now a trailblazer of espionage cinema, or maybe already was, or will be.
It’s defiant and complex only in word of mouth, yet honestly quite simple on first viewing. I’m ashamed to say that the trailers left little to be desired from Nolan’s flattest looking work to date, but where images come across dull, the ideas within have flourished.
Call me Megamind if you must, but the Protagonist’s story was easily decipherable at every step and backstep along the…