Diverting enough B-movie pastiche in the first reel. Thank God the superior second reel's cast is well drawn enough for the finale to read as autocritique rather than just self-loathing narcissism.
This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
It sure was a movie.
- it was genuinely fun to watch the different sets of characters play off against each other for the first time.
- the cast does their best with the fragments of screentime and characterization they're given.
- the visuals are at least an improvement over the Battle of the Airport Tarmac.
-Thor was pretty cool I guess.
- Marvel are chumps for changing Thanos' motivation
- it's not like longing for the embodiment…