Do you think Paul Thomas Anderson watched this? His wife is one of the main characters, so he must’ve, right? I want to know what he gives it out of 10.
Things I didn’t expect from this:
1. Daniel Johnston plays during Pepe’s funeral
2. Animation so good that I demand an entire movie/series based on Boy’s Club
3. Alex Jones getting sued for using Pepe on a poster
4. Great music, especially over the end credits
5. Really solid editing
6. Donald Trump being labeled “the real life Pepe”
7. Anytime someone called the frog “Peepee”, I wanted to flip a table
8. 4chan users genuinely believed that the god…
This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
film imitates life, and vice versa.
johnny camina got heartbroken and made a movie to distract himself. ready to kill himself, his ex calls him and apologizes, and life moves on.
niko walker is heartbroken and finally finished a movie to distract himself. after dropping the movie, his ex contacts ryan and says she’s seen the movie and really enjoyed it and apologizes indirectly to niko, and life moves on.
I just wrote the longest review ever for this and then Letterboxd crashed. Sigh. All in all, Ralph, I'm happy you made this. It was an improvement over Lover, and I really love a lot of the cinematography and music found in here. It's the story itself that I just found boring, and some of the acting was a little wonky. One day, you will make the greatest film known to man, and I can't wait to say, "I've been watching that guy since I was 12, look how cool he is." Good job, Ralph. Can't wait to see what you make next. <3