Parker Brogdon’s review published on Letterboxd:
The extra "u" clearly stands for "ultimately the most awesomely bitchy movie ever made".
- Best ensemble of the year. This has been etched in stone. Emma's viper, Olivia's badger, and Rachel's Horatio the duck circle each other in the most epic animal parable since Lanthimos' The Lobster.
- I honestly don't know who my favourite is. Each actress brings such specificity to backstory, witty dialogue, and interpersonal character dynamics. All three should be up for Best Actress, category fraud be damned, and each of them would be the frontrunner.
- I would love to be Yorgos Lanthimos for a day. Really Being John Malkovich it up. What a fucking brilliant weirdo.
- The fish-eyed lens seemed a little extra at first, and I'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but you do your thing, Yorgos.
- Emma + the rabbit. I was so uncomfortable.
If this movie was a person, I would stay far far away to protect my self-esteem and general sense of well-being. But, as a movie, I can't wait to watch it about 45 more times over 2019.