Joined Letterboxd March 17, 2020.
Top four cycles through favorites. I have too many lists.
I renounce my wish to have watched this movie.
- The DCEU returns with their greatest villain yet, middle-aged men.
- If his name wasn’t listed as Pedro Pascal, everyone would be shitting on him.
- Kristen Wiig saw that she missed out on the masterpiece Cats (2019) and happily decided to play Cheetah.
- Either only cartoonish or bland writing, acting, directing, costume design, and visuals.
- Someone kidnapped Hans Zimmer, because he was nowhere to be found.
With a sprinkle of Michael Schur’s The Good Place and even a little bit of Charlie Kaufman’s Being John Malkovich—alongside a jar-full of Inside Out’s conceptual innovation and Coco’s musically and culturally profound aesthetics—we get Pete Docter’s fourth directorial entry into Pixar’s rich catalogue: Soul, starring Jamie Foxx.
Everything here, is very familiar Pixar. The writing has the same, elite level of cleverness and wit. The real-world references are on point in this film. With the premise in place there is the creative worldbuilding…