Pixar's Soul earns the right to be one of the best films of the year. This was my most anticipated film of the year and it didn't disappoint. It brings in what we expect from Pixar and manages to bring in its bag of tricks. In this case, Pete Doctor applied the ideas of Inside Out to Soul and managed to make it feel unique. Now I won't be praising this film as a…
What I liked:
- Some really great direction considering it was different than what I was expecting. The movie takes its time to set up plot points and most are effective.
- The alien in this movie is well designed and interesting. It does enough for me to make it
- The movie features some really disgusting kills. One where a character gets his head cut in half that really good.
- There are some really…
What I liked:
- The overall sense of fun is a blast. The movie is rather short but keeps me entertained from beginning to end. Most of the jokes really work and the satirical ideas with the rules elevates this movie.
- Even though the movie is mostly a comedy, it touches on some really great themes and emotions. Enjoying the little things is explored much deeper than expected with the movie. Even Tallahassee's obsession with…
Agree or disagree with the film, you have to at least admit that something different was attempted with the film. For me, I thought the film satisfied me very much. I'm usually not too big into spy films and I thought this was an awesome film for the genre.
The film does an excellent job bringing a twist on a story that people would be familiar with. The time inversion elements were brilliantly implemented for some excellent action…