Dominicke’s review published on Letterboxd:
Proper review from Tuesday.
I liked the movie. It's far from being perfect. It has its flaws but it doesn't deserve all the hate that it's getting. I'm starting to think that some people just hate everything DC. Good thing I never care much for others opinions towards things I've loved pretty much my whole life. I don't love everything DC has made. But some people are just being assh*les now.
- Captain Boomerang, Amanda Waller and Deadshot did it for me. They were everything I expected and more. This isn't your usual Deadshot but it's good overall.
- Harley Quinn killed it. Margot Robbie prove me wrong and damn I'm glad!
- El Diablo, this Diablo, needs to appear in another movie. He was pretty impressive.
- Enchantress is the worst. Ugh. Cara can't act for sh*t. Sorry not sorry. Worst. Villain. Ever.
- The Joker. I don't know how I feel about him yet. Need to see him as the main villain in another movie. He didn't have enough screen time to judge him. I mean, Nicholson and Ledger had their owns movies. It's hard and impossible to compare (I don't like to compare, I'm just saying).
- The last 30 minutes and the end were bad. Really bad. They + the villain(s) kill the movie for me. ugh, dude.
But I liked the movie overall. Like I said, it's not perfect. It just good. Fun (you wanted fun, right?). Simple.
This isn't a David Lynch movie. Get over yourself.